I'd never heard of Dr. Who before I met my husband. I agreed to knit him a Dr. Who scarf not knowing what I was getting myself into. It's quite long as you can see.
|Dr. Who Scarf inspired by the one Tom Baker wore thrown over my geeky guy's closet to show you the scale.|
He found the website Doctor Who Scarf which has patterns from theTom Baker seasons with different scarves. I made the season 16/17 scarf. When you browse the site and click which season page you want, click the purple tab on the page and you'll be taken to the color layout and row counts.
More Dr. Who geek knitting and crochet:
- Dalek: Free pattern to knit
- Tardis: Free mini Tardis to crochet
- Many other Dr. Who crochet patterns links at BuzzFeed.
- Lucy Ravenscar has some excellent amigurumi crochet patterns of Star Wars characters in her Etsy shop.
- Also some freebies at the Geek Central Station link below.
- ChemKnits has a large listing of free Harry Potter knitting patterns.
- A free golden snitch pattern at Inner Child Crochet.
- The Leaky Lounge has lots of free Harry Potter crochet and knitting patterns.
|A work in progress. A scarf inspired by but not a duplicate of the Gryffindor scarf from the Harry Potter movies.|
- Gimli and Hobbit Amigurumi free crochet patterns at Geek Central Station.
- List of knitting LOTR pattern links at Read-Write-Knit.
|Dr. Pooh. My husband's Winnie the Pooh bear he had as a kid in the 70s with a mini Dr. Who scarf. I still need to make a vest and hat but you get the idea.|
- Free crochet Starfleet insignia pattern and Birds of a Feather.
- Free Starship Enterprise crochet pattern at Instructables.
- Free knitting charts of the Enterprise crew.
- Free knitted potholder pattern of the Star Trek insignia at Off the Hook Astronomy.