Geek Knitting and Crochet

Nerds love knits! Well at least the ones I know. And crochet too. At the sci-fi conventions I've been to, there have been plenty of busy hands crocheting and knitting away. While we weren't all working on what's come be called geek knitting, I know I wasn't the only one working on a Dr. Who scarf while listening to filk. I've gathered some free patterns I've found around the internet as well as patterns and books for sale for fans. These would be great for costumes, toys and just for fun. Enjoy!

I'd never heard of Dr. Who before I met my husband. I agreed to knit him a Dr. Who scarf not knowing what I was getting myself into. It's quite long as you can see.

Dr. Who Scarf inspired by the one Tom Baker wore thrown over my geeky guy's closet to show you the scale.

He found the website Doctor Who Scarf which has patterns from theTom Baker seasons with different scarves. I made the season 16/17 scarf. When you browse the site and click which season page you want, click the purple tab on the page and you'll be taken to the color layout and row counts.

More Dr. Who geek knitting and crochet:
Star Wars:
  • Lucy Ravenscar has some excellent amigurumi crochet patterns of Star Wars characters in her Etsy shop.
  • Also some freebies at the Geek Central Station link below.
Harry Potter:
A work in progress. A scarf inspired by but not a duplicate of the Gryffindor scarf from the Harry Potter movies.

Lord of the Rings:
Dr. Pooh. My husband's Winnie the Pooh bear he had as a kid in the 70s with a mini Dr. Who scarf. I still need to make a vest and hat but you get the idea.

And we can't forget Star Trek:

Comments