Crocheted Balaclava aka Ski Mask

 

It's cold out there. Photo Credit: Trish Deneen

Hey folks. I hope you're staying warm. It's been cold here in Michigan, and being a crafty gal, I looked for a pattern to make my own balaclava to use up some of my yarn stash. I found the perfect one for me at the Bag-O-Day Crochet YouTube channel. She has some marvelous patterns. This one worked up relatively quickly. I used a Red Heart product (I believe Super Saver but unsure as I don't have the label) and a size I hook. 

It's roomy and can be adjusted to keep your nose covered or stretch the bottom portion under your nose. The only thing I need to come up with an adaption for is fogging up of my glasses. I love the ribbing effect on this pattern. Check out Bag-O-Day's pattern here. Her tutorial is very easy to follow along to. She has the written pattern on Etsy as well.

Comments