Wood Craft Book Box Ideas Part 2

This is part two of a three-part series on crafting ideas with unfinished wood craft boxes.  See part one here and part three here.
*********************************************************************************

In this post, I'm showing you one of the boxes my husband decorated.  He does bookbinding and uses pigskin leather in some of his projects that he bought from Tandy Leather.  He used that to cover his book box.  He then stained it with tea and sealed with Mod Podge and added metal embellishments.


Before he did all that, he glued strips of cardboard down to imitate the look of old fashioned book spines.  Pretty creative eh?


He added nails on the sides and a clasp where the box opens.  I believe he used a cream color to paint the sides and inside.


He lined one side with Victorian themed scrapbook paper and the other with leather.  He glued in pieces of plywood to separate the inside into three compartments.


I think he does beautiful work.  You should see some of his books.  Maybe he will let me post pictures in the future.  Actually, he's taught me some techniques, so I'll be posting my bookbinding projects.  I hope this gives you some more ideas for wood box crafting.

Comments